Color is one of the important elements of web design because it affects the mood of the viewers. Web design of Real Housewives of Orange County makes generous use of white space but navigation is highlighted by a purple color that means beauty and inspiration. The combination of white and purple in web design is consistent through the site creating a harmonious effect that achieves the desired results. Having the right color scheme is important in attaining a high quality website that will appeal to visitors.
Understanding the importance of color scheme in website design
In web design, one the first steps is understanding the color wheel where colors are grouped as primary colors, secondary colors and tertiary colors. The combination of colors for the website will depend on format and content and not the favorite colors of the web designer since they may not be apt for the subject of the site. Usually, the choice of the right color combination is made by mixing several colors and determining whether they will work well together. In website design, colors should not be too bright or flashy otherwise they can distract the viewer from the content. Color is often the first thing that will be noticed by the visitor and it is one of the elements that will create a first impression.
Why the right choice of colors matter
The right choice of color stems from its significance to the human mind since there are colors that can express messages or generate certain emotions. For example, red is a bold color that has different meanings among culture and if you will combine red with green it is closely associated to Christmas. Choosing colors for a website is often associated with branding. However, it is also important to consider that colors chosen individually may not work when mixed. Combining colors is an art and it takes a lot of efforts to mix colors that will strengthen the site and promote the brand. In many instances, if the color scheme is limited to 2 or 3 colors with different variations in shade, it means smaller file sizes for faster loading.
If you are one of those people who think that a website’s speed is not that much of a big deal then you are wrong. This is more important for e-commerce sites who are selling products and services as it could affect sales. According to a data by Aberdeen Group, for every one second of delay in loading a website’s page there is an 11 per cent decrease in the number of page views, customer satisfaction is down by 16 per cent and conversions could suffer a loss of about 7 per cent.
In order to avoid these from happening to your website and conversion, here are some things you could do:
- HTTP Requests should be reduced to a minimum. It has been found out that a web page spends a lot of time loading mainly because of the various parts within a page that needs to be downloaded such as the scripts, images, Flash and many other elements. For every element, HTTP request is made which results in a longer loading page.
- Response time of the server must be lowered. The recommended server response time should not exceed 200 milliseconds. This can be accomplished by using a web application that could monitor the website.
- Make use of compression. If you have high quality contents then it is bound to result in large pages. In general, large pages are estimated to be around 100 kb or more. This is not optimal since the size is bulky and would make it harder for the page to download. In order to get over this hurdle, the best way is to zip the contents with the help of compression.
- Browser caching should be turned on. When a visitor goes into your website, the elements that are inside the page will automatically be kept in a cache for temporary storage. With the help of caching, the browser will load faster the next time a user visits the website since no new HTTP requests will be made. This is perfect for e-commerce site you frequently visit such as Paper Mart for your holiday gift boxes needs.
An online business will not run as smoothly without the aid of many tools and software specific for online business solutions which can be easily integrated into the system. This makes the management more easy and handling of various tasks more efficient. Everything is now done automatically that there are thousands of software to choose from depending on the need, requirement and ones preference. The problem now is that because of the many choices, one has to choose the best in order to maximize the potential of an online business while keeping in check the cost of every application used.
Balance is important in making sure that the best apps are used while staying within the budget. This article will help online business decide on what app to use in certain tasks and services.
- The best software for online business solutions specifically for online backup and recovery is Mozy. It is essential for every business, whether big or small, to make sure that every files and data have proper backups in case of data loss. Though there are now external hard drives with high capacity, any unfortunate accidents can still result to data loss. Therefore it is important to backup the company’s data online using Mozy. Once backup is set up, any unfortunate losses can be easily recovered. For just a few dollars a month, one could get unlimited storage space.
- In order to keep a business in check, accounting must be done properly. A filing cabinet is an unreliable way to document everything because of fire and other natural disasters. Even without professional knowledge, one will be able to do the accounting with the help of the software by Intuit QuickBooks Pro. Once purchased, one can have easy access and record everything.
- It is quite known in businesses around the world that Microsoft Outlook is the most used when it comes to email. If you are just starting out and would like to save then the best option is to use Thunderbird. It can deliver what most function Outlook can offer and with no cost.
- Blogging is one important tool when marketing a business and this is where WordPress comes in. It is easy to set up with an option for a free hosted blog. One can easily learn the ropes because of the interface and there are also instructions provided.
- Communication is important inside the business network and outside with the clients. Pidgin is the best choice because it caters to a lot of instant messaging software from the popular to the less popular ones and yes, it’s free.
Online users are moving away from traditional desktops and laptops when browsing the net;however, the use of smartphones and tablet computers results into several challenges that web developers have to take into account when building websites.
- Responsive web design is now the norm because it creates an overall design that adjusts from one device to another. It is important for the web designer to build a layout that works well with mobile device. For example, a banner with text will look good on a desktop but it might be unreadable on a smartphone.
- Many web designers make use of software prototyping and graphics program like Adobe Edge Reflow to experiment with web design. When the design is complete, the code elements can be copied and used on the actual layout.
- It is critical to have a team when there is a lot of designing and coding going on. If there is team work, projects can be handled quickly. A versatile team can handle all aspects of coding and graphic design.
- It is very tempting to use templates but it often creates a certain look that is not appealing. If you are dealing with an important corporate client, create a unique look by customizing design.
- Always look for inspirations. There are layout ideas offline from magazines and books. They can help spark your creativity. Design is difficult but a better option it to do several mockups for the client so there will be room to make a choice.
- Sometimes, it is good to step away from the screen for a few minutes so that you can see how the design works. There are instances when elements do not seem to work when you are close but suddenly comes together when viewed from a distance.
- Always validate your code and test your layout on different browsers and devices for which they were designed for. Turn your mobile device sideways to see what happens on the layout.
Web design is particularly challenging but it can easily generate a good first impression of your business. In order to gain online presence in the shortest time possible, visit www.perth-web-design.com.au/.
Whether you are aiming to sell a variety of products like clothing, and food, or if you just want to introduce your company or give out information, you should know that websites can never truly be successful without good navigation. The navigation aspect on web design is important because they greatly affect the experience of the user while in a particular website. If your website’s navigation is crap, you can expect users to become frustrated and leave. You can think of navigation as a gateway to the different areas of your website.
When creating navigation for your website, you should know that there are rules that were set up for you to follow. These rules would guide you into making good website navigation.
- Make it easy to find.Since the navigation is the ‘gateway,’ naturally it should be placed some place where people would easily find them. Navigation would only take less space that is why you should make the navigation stand out. Preferably, they should be placed near the topmost area of the website so that the visitors would not have to scroll down just to get to the navigation panel.
- Navigation should be consistent. This means that the navigation panel should be consistently found on the same place on each page of your website. Not only that, the navigation should also maintain the same font, the same size and the same style.
- Navigation sections should be obvious. When you name sections, make sure to use obvious names that would be able to clearly define what the section contains. ‘About us’ should only be about us and ‘Home’ should only be home.
- Navigation should make use of fewer sections. When you have too many navigation buttons in your panel, the visitors might get overwhelmed with the number of choices being presented to them unlike those who are specifically searching for Paper Mart bubble wrap on the Paper Mart website which is well designed. This would also divert them to the more important areas of your websites that is why it is recommended to have only a few sections on the navigation.
- Navigation should always remind the users their current location. It is easy to get lost in a website that is why you should make sure to highlight the section names of each websites significantly so that users are reminded of their current whereabouts in the case they get lost.
Website Usability And Its Importance
There are website’s that takes usability in a new level because of the customers they are targeting such as laser eye correction in Liverpool. For these online websites, most of the visitors are patients with poor eyesight thus usability should be the top priority. What does it mean when a website is usable? A website that is usable is one that is able to deliver to the customers a useful and well organized setting. The layout should be navigated easily and the structure should be constructed with much considerations. These factors should be noted in order to make sure that a business will maintain its connection with its existing clients as well as encourage visitors to visit the site again.
The clients should not need to dig deep into the website and click various links in order to get to what they wanted or to what the site is offering. It should be easily located and searched for if need be. This is important in websites that are selling various products and services. These modern times calls that everything can be done more efficiently or else you will lose customers and the interest of visitors. A study shows that a good website should possess three great qualities such as natural approach, simplicity as well as usability. A website that has a high usability coupled with a great website design can easily be attracted to customers and could generate leads and sales. These qualities will also make the customer trust the website more as well as the brand that it advertises.
There are various advantages when a website is done with usability consideration. Making a site that is user friendly will also increase the satisfaction of those who are frequent user and first time visitors as well. If a website is not usable or is not user friendly, there is a big possibility of it losing customers because they don’t have a clue on how to navigate around or they find it time consuming thus the profit and sales will also decrease. This is very important especially for a website with many competitions and offers the same products as the rest of the sites. A user will only stay and avail of your services and products if the website is usable and satisfactory.
Having a website is the key source of business for a home security system provider like iHome Alarm Systems. Besides having a website, it is important for web design to include all the key elements like content, navigation bars, color theme and the right typography so that web users will easily understand what the website stands for. Everything must be simplified so that web users will not be confused when navigating the site.
The navigation system should be logical and clear so that users can browse the pages easily. Text on the navigation buttons must be clear and concise so that visitors will immediately understand the meaning. Adding too many tabs in the navigation bar may distract the user from the real purpose of the website. It is important to determine what users will likely need when they browse the site and make sure that these items can easily be found from the homepage.
Once a solid navigation has been built for the site, it is time to add interesting and relevant content. Understand your target audience well enough to determine the right content. Give yourself time to research on the most likely questions and issues regarding security systems that customers are more concerned about.
Spacing in website content is also critical because they make the webpages appear simple and attractive. It is not important to use all the space in the web page instead, use only a certain amount of space that best presents all the information about the organization. Generally, proper use of color can add to the attractiveness of your site but it can also be used as the element to draw user’s attention to content.
Proper typography can make the website design look impressive and it also helps visitors read content more easily. Always make use of a text format that emphasizes content and at the same time enhance the beauty of web design.
Call to action button is something that is often overlooked but it is the best approach to convert visitors into customers. Call to action can be successful if a visitor will be enticed by content and the navigation process. Always ensure a clear message on the call to action button and make sure that there are no broken links.
In this time and age, it can be said that website and product design are keys that can greatly influence the outcome of businesses. This is mainly because of the fact that the Internet is changing the world of businesses from the inside and out. For people who run small businesses, they may be struggling with establishing and maintaining a sufficient online presence while also having to deal with all the known processes of business making. A single person may not be enough to handle all these responsibilities which is probably why they should seek out professional help from other people. Custom design has been a long running trend when it comes to online business making. Business owners who acknowledge their own limits will usually employ the services of other professionals, equipped with the right custom design tool software, who can better work on the task of furthering their online presence while they stick to the other important aspects of the business.
Building an online presence means that you would need to choose between custom design and traditional do-it-yourself design to build your website. Opting for the former is heavily recommended as it can provide you with tons of benefits.
First and foremost, having custom designed website means that the website as a whole, has been built completely without errors. This means every element is in place and is integrated in ways that would benefit not only you but the visitors as well. The website will become easier to navigate, faster to load and can provide maximum user experience. It will not only be fully functional but eye-catching as well.
If you have multiple websites, all of which were made by you, then it can sometimes become too similar with the other. It is better that you find some new perspective on this.
Probably one of the biggest benefits you can get from custom design is that you would be able to center your entire focus on the things that do matter and the things that you do best. Since you would be hiring a professional to build and manage your online presence, this means you can concentrate on the bigger aspect of your business.
Every business wants to go big. That is probably why people are turning to the internet to help them gain access to a maximum amount of people. Unfortunately, not every business is destined to be successful in the online world. Luckily for you, success has always been determined by how you deliver your business and how your website is designed. Like in the case with brony.com, a website whose main purpose is to help the Brony fandom and all those who love My Little Pony gain access to the latest news regarding the brand as well as indulge them with My Little Pony merchandise such as pajamas, shirts and bags.
In order for your online business to go big, you would have to give extra attention with your website’s design.
Here are 5 web design tips to help make your small business go big.
1. Proper Diction is the Key
Observe proper diction on your website. Make sure that they are simple and are easy to understand. Simple words would help you convey your message and your selling tactics much better. Good grammar and proper diction will make your website more credible in the eyes of the viewers.
2. Highlight Your Priorities and Beliefs
Showcasing your value statement is important because this can determine the difference between you and your competitors. You should always make sure that your viewers know what you prioritize and what your core beliefs are.
3. Search Engine Optimization
Optimizing your website for search engines will help drive more traffic to your website. More traffic means more conversions. It is recommended that you hire professionals for this because the process can be quite long and tiring.
4. Create Blogs
Blogs are a great for search engine optimization. Blogs are not only useful for your audiences;they can also help you attain higher rankings in the search engine results.
5. It’s All in the Navigation
Navigation is a critical component of a website. If people cannot navigate through your website easily, there is a high chance that they would leave without even seeing the extent of what you can offer them.
For the last decade, the use of Search Engine Optimization has revolutionized the way online marketing has developed. Through the help of SEO, there has been an increasing growth of company revenues and corporate entities are enjoying the use of this online tool. Many people are now seeking the help of SEO to widen their market reach and a lot of companies are searching for affordable SEO companies.
There are affordable SEO companies with complete packages. In Australia, there are a number of affordable SEO Australia companies. Leapfrog Media should be one of the first companies that you might want to check out if you are looking for a company that can deliver you with great quality outputs at affordable prices.
When one says affordability, it means the most cost effective and efficient service. Affordability does not mean unjustified low spending. The service provided by SEO companies are not tangible thereby the quality of service can only be measured by the resulting outcome and the quality of the entire process. When you rate various services providers, you need to keep this in mind.
The following are some considerations that you have to make when finding an affordable SEO company:
• The SEO services provided by the company should be qualitative. You need to scout whether the company can bring your website in the first page ranking result.
• The SEO services provided by the company should be unique. The services have to be tuned into the company’s branding, strategy and priorities.
Below is a list of the characteristics of an SEO company that is affordable:
• Scaled Services. Look for an SEO company that will offer complete packages with features that are relevant to the company’s objective. An affordable SEO company with quality services will allow the client to scale in different SEO benefits and features. The SEO Company would then recommend the needed features for your website while still in line with your budgetary requirements.
• Fully featured services. This characteristic means that all of the aspects relating to the SEO are also availed by the provider. This also means that the provider of your choice creates comprehensive services that involve content management, inbound marketing strategy development, social media management, CMS, Lead Generation Strategies and e-commerce packages.
In these modern times, everyone who has a business will most likely have a website especially millennials. A website is a gateway of opportunity reaching audiences far and wide so it is never a surprise that most realtors have their own websites nowadays. It is the best marketing tool and could make or break the success in the business. Almost all home buyers would check out the internet to find out house and land packages before contacting the company. With these reasons, it is important more than ever that your website should attract online users and turn clicks into sales.
The first thing the users would notice upon checking your website is the design. This is easy if you have the money to pay for a professional in the field of web design but it can be a little tricky if you are a beginner in web designing.
To sell those house and land packages, you should give out the idea that you are not like any other realtor and what best way to show that than to design a website that is far more different than your competitors. The challenge is finding a good idea that hasn’t been owned yet by another realtor. One good thing about web designing nowadays is you could personalize every part of your site. Just remember never to copy ideas because it might stir some copyright trouble.
A respectable real estate company has his own logo and it is only fitting that it should be seen on your website. That doesn’t mean you can put it wherever and however. Make sure the color scheme of the website complements the ones on the logo. Your logo should be a good place to start when designing your website.
After the color scheme, next thing you should focus on are the texts used and the font size. Do not put several paragraphs and long sentences into the homepage. Though they would love to learn more about the house and land packages and anything about the company, a brief and concise construction is more suited for a more professional looking page.
Last thing to remember is to refrain from creating clutter and make the website as user friendly as possible.
Web Design Trends You Can Look Forward To
We have been conversing with those guys from Perth Web Design about their insights on web design trends for 2015. These guys prefer simplicity and efficiency because it is easily understood by viewers. Give viewers a complex design and your site will be ignored. We would like to share with you their views on the essentials of web design that you need to look forward to this year.
Responsive web design will continue to grow
Most websites have been adopted for mobile and in 2015, it is expected that more websites will convert to responsive web design so that they will not miss the opportunities presented by mobile internet usage. Because people are increasingly using their mobile gadgets in accessing the web, it is important for a website to be mobile friendly.
Responsive web design means that all website content will remain the same no matter what platform is used. With the introduction of smart watches in 2015, it becomes more important for websites to provide a seamless experience for their users.
3D elements in web design
Flat design is a huge trend but it does not allow web designers to use their creativity. What web designers do is use some 3D text effect elements in the landing pages with the rest of the pages in flat design. A few years ago, 3D elements were the trend in web design because of the advent of HTML5 and CSS3 and some of the sites that used 3D still look great. It is only important for the web designer to balance the intricacies of 3D elements so that design will remain simple and effective.
Bigger, bolder and better typography
Web design is still 95% typography because users need to read a lot of text for the necessary information. Typography needs a lot of attention from web designers because it affects usability and the aesthetics of the site. Typography is also one of the ways of delivering brand message. In 2015, expect bigger and bolder fonts to enhance the reading experience of users. In responsive web design, typography also matters because mobile users will not be required to strain their eyes to read information.