As they say, the customer is always right. Why is this? Let’s make this simple. The customers are the life of any business for that matter. Without these loyal, paying customers, your business won’t even exist. That’s why they should always be treated with respect and courteousness. In addition to this, you never, ever, not even once, react negatively whenever a customer is complaining about something, whether it’s about you being slow at your work or something that is related to whatever he is buying or paying. It will be the biggest regret you will have in your career and it might even cost you your career. In fact, there have many incidents especially in big malls where salesladies lose their jobs because of failure to practice proper customer service practices. To avoid suffering the same fate, it is recommended that all front liners of businesses, the customer service providers, must undergo a regular customer service course. This is to keep the customer service providers, mostly those who are accepting calls and complaints from customers, updated and regularly trained with the latest trends in dealing with customers.
There are many benefits for both the customers and the customer service providers when the latter undergo a company’s regular customer service course. Below are some of them:
- There will be a visible increased in the level of motivation and engagement in both sides. If you, as the boss, show your customer service staff that you truly care about their well-being, they will be encouraged to help a problematic customer one way or another. This is about taking the lead.
- The customer service provider will gain knowledge and useful skill set that she/she can use when dealing with customers.
- A good training will increase the staff’s morale and that staff will higher confidence level the next time he/she deals with customers.
- A better customer service will generally result to gaining the customers’ loyalty and will generate more profit for the business.
- If you practice good customer service, your business will maintain a good reputation among customers.
- A good customer service will give customers better choices when making purchases.