Online users are moving away from traditional desktops and laptops when browsing the net; however, the use of smartphones and tablet computers results into several challenges that web developers have to take into account when building websites.
- Responsive web design is now the norm because it creates an overall design that adjusts from one device to another. It is important for the web designer to build a layout that works well with mobile device. For example, a banner with text will look good on a desktop but it might be unreadable on a smartphone.
- Many web designers make use of software prototyping and graphics program like Adobe Edge Reflow to experiment with web design. When the design is complete, the code elements can be copied and used on the actual layout.
- It is critical to have a team when there is a lot of designing and coding going on. If there is team work, projects can be handled quickly. A versatile team can handle all aspects of coding and graphic design.
- It is very tempting to use templates but it often creates a certain look that is not appealing. If you are dealing with an important corporate client, create a unique look by customizing design.
- Always look for inspirations. There are layout ideas offline from magazines and books. They can help spark your creativity. Design is difficult but a better option it to do several mockups for the client so there will be room to make a choice.
- Sometimes, it is good to step away from the screen for a few minutes so that you can see how the design works. There are instances when elements do not seem to work when you are close but suddenly comes together when viewed from a distance.
- Always validate your code and test your layout on different browsers and devices for which they were designed for. Turn your mobile device sideways to see what happens on the layout.
Web design is particularly challenging but it can easily generate a good first impression of your business. In order to gain online presence in the shortest time possible, visit www.perth-web-design.com.au/.