Many businesses are aware of the importance of reviews but the problem is some customers cannot be persuaded to leave a review. Businesses must try to find a way to encourage customers to leave a review without coming across as desperate.
How to increase the number of customer reviews
- Even if you need the feedback of your customers, do not flood the site with call-to-action begging for reviews. Be subtle in requesting for reviews but make sure that the customer is aware that his feedback is well appreciated.
- Make it easy for your customer to leave a review. If the customer has already logged in to the site, they must not validate themselves again to leave their feedback.
- Customers need to be reassured that their feedback is valuable to the business. You can put the reviews in places where users can easily see them. For example, product pages can include links to reviews immediately after the price so that they won’t be missed.
- Request reviews from more recent customers. Send them an email asking whether they enjoyed the product and if they are willing to share their experience with others.
- If you have a community of followers on Twitter and Facebook, post a link to a review page next to a question asking them about their experience with the product or service.
However, a digital marketing agency believes that a favourable king kong agency review can be easily gained by providing clients with an experience that is beyond their expectations. If clients are happy with the service, they would willingly tell people how they loved the service.