In recent years, the costs of cross-border shipping in both Canada and the USA has become more economical than ever. While this is somehow reassuring, shipping across the border is becoming more complex particularly with the heightened security measures. By dealing with an experienced logistics and trucking provider, the process of cross-border trade can be simpler and more efficient.
Different types of freight shipping options
- Less-than-truckload (LTL) – This shipping option allows freight from multiple shippers to be on the same trailer instead of exclusively using an individual trailer for a single shipment. Shippers will only pay for the portion of the trailer that their cargo occupies. LTL is the perfect option for small shippers.
- Full truckload (FTL) – This option is typically used for large shipments that can take up the whole trailer or close to it. A shipper’s freight will be the only freight inside the trailer even if the entire space is not filled up. While this option is a lot faster than LTL, it is also more expensive.
- Flat deck trucking – The choice for flat bed trucking is based on the dimensions of the product. Flat deck trucks provide more flexibility for products that are long and tall or oversized loads. Cranes can be used to load and unload the products because there are no walls or ceilings to worry about.
- Dry van trucking – The dry van is a big rectangular container that is connected to a truck. They are the most common type of freight transportation because they are designed to haul pallets or boxes of cargo including equipment. Dry van trucking is often chosen for large shipments that need protection against bad weather, potential damages and theft.
- Refrigerated trucking – A standard dry van has no temperature control. A better option for shipments that require refrigeration like frozen foods is the temperature-controlled dry van that can keep a specified temperature while shipping the products.
Titan Transline is a 3PL provider that offers dedicated and specialty services for cross-border trade. You have the option of hotshot trucking, LTL, FTL, temperature-controlled containers, trucks for oversized goods and tradeshow transportation. You are guaranteed a personalized service that is beyond your expectations.